Have been trying to find some replacement for cream sauce for pasta since we are trying to eliminate diary from our diet. Then chance upon this recipe at Primal Palate, I know I am going to make this! Little did I know that cashew nuts can be used as a replacement for cream. I am amazed!
I have split the recipe into 2 posts as I think we can just make the sauce in a big batch!
Is truly amazing that it taste really near to the actual cream sauce. Try it!
- 150g cashews, raw, organic, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup drinking water
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the cashews into a glass bowl, cover with water, then covering the bowl with plastic wrap or a towel, and soak overnight in the fridge.
- After the cashews have soaked overnight, drain the water from them and lightly wash it. Place the soaked cashews in a high speed blender or food processor.
- Add 1/4 cup of drinking water to the cashews, and blend until smooth. You can add more water if your cashews aren't blending enough, but less water will result in a thicker sauce.
- Add the onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to the cashews, and blend again until smooth.
- Store the seasoned cashew cream in the fridge, it can be stored till a week or till it turn bad.