Bread. I have never been a fan of bread nor rice. Not really sure why, maybe deep down in my heart, I knew that they made me fat and don’t really feel good after eating it?
Though I am not a fan of bread, I have been into making paleo bread these days. Not sure about the recent craze for making paleo breads. Maybe because is so easy to made with great results? Nevertheless, in terms of health properties, I definitely think they are better than grain based breads. Here’s the Coconut Banana Bread that I have made for this week’s breakfast!
Well, that being said that I think and feel that is healthier option than grain based bread, eating in moderation is still the key to better health. After all, just eating bread without real food source to consume protein and fibre is not going to get us anywhere!
For now, let’s enjoy the bread.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 ripe banana (mashed)
- Preheat oven at 175 degree C.
- Prepare a bread loaf tin with a parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well.
- Then add the coconut flour and mix well to ensure that there is no lump at all. At this point, the mixture will be very dry.
- Lastly, add the mashed banana and mix well. The mixture should not be dry anymore.
- Pop into the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Add some nuts such as walnut for an extra crunch!